August 30, 2009

Whew!

I have just spent the weekend doing homework—the entire weekend. I mean like 10 hours in 2 days. That’s a lot. Never in my life have I ever spent this much time doing homework and I still have some left!!

Plus, I still have two new classes to go which means that I have 2 more syllabi to receive, 2 more classes worth of tests to place on my “keep track of test taking” calendar, 2 more classes of homework to do, etc...I have a feeling that my overwhelmed feeling of Friday may result in complete, total freaking out at some point. Good thing I’ve already accepted my student loan money for tuition. Can’t back out now...or at least for the semester.

On the bright side, I realized this afternoon that I have the wrong textbooks for my next 2 classes. I borrowed some from a friend who graduated from the same program last year, but they changed them up for this year. (You know it has been a long weekend when I think the bright side of something is spending $400 for more textbooks. See aforementioned “College Textbook Buying is a Racket” post.)

Evidently, they open up your student email account and start sending you important things as soon as your admissions paperwork goes through. Would have been nice to know about 2 weeks ago...or at any point before Thursday when I got my log-in information. Ahhh, but such is the life of the unorganized college student. Now, I must go. I have laundry to get too before tomorrow morning. Wouldn't want smelly clothes for another new class.