September 20, 2009

Survival


I love Google. I really, really love it. I have had a busy week. Two tests, a lot of Chemistry homework...which incidentally I should be finishing. However, when the options in front of you are: write a blog post or study Chemistry, which would you choose? I digress.

I typed in “How to Survive Nursing School” and there were a ton of results. Thank you http://www.ehow.com/ for this gem.

Step 1
Don't get obsessed with studying. - Read the material and answer end of chapter questions. Highlight key points.

Step 2
Do the study guides. - Even if you're too busy to read the material. Do the study guides. They usually cover all the key points in the chapter.

Step 3
Write down information that the instructors repeat. - Key points that are repeated, tend to end up as a test question.

Step 4
Use Youtube - www.youtube.com is a great resource when studying diseases. Learn about a disease from a person suffering from it. It helps you remember the signs and symptoms.

Step 5
Use Saunders comprehensive NCLEX study guide. - Use it as it pertains to the subjects you're studying. The questions are great preparation for classroom exams.

The next best part about Goggle is clicking on the image search button for the same phrase. The picture at the top—the best one from that search, and rich in irony. I ask you, what nursing student has time to read about surviving nursing school?